Released on 10 April 2012, needs up to 192Mb RAM
This floppy set will boot a SliTaz stable version. You can write floppies
bootfloppybox, Windows rawrite
# dd if=fd001.img of=/dev/fd0
If you have a CD-ROM, an USB port and an USB key or a network card, but you can't boot these devices directly, then try floppy-grub4dos first. This 1.44Mb floppy provides tiny programs to boot these devices without BIOS support and some other tools.
You can start with one of the 4 following flavors:
- base needs 48MB of RAM and 6 floppies: fd001.img to
base provides the minimum SliTaz distribution subset in text mode.
- justx needs 96MB of RAM and 12 floppies: fd001.img to
justx provides the minimum SliTaz distribution subset with X11 support.
- gtkonly needs 128MB of RAM and 17 floppies: fd001.img to
gtkonly provides the minimum SliTaz distribution subset with GTK+ support.
- core needs 192MB of RAM and 25 floppies: fd001.img to
core provides the default SliTaz distribution.
Start your computer with fd001.img. It will show the kernel version string and the kernel cmdline line. You can edit the cmdline. Most users can just press Enter.
The floppy is then loaded into memory (one dot each 64KB) and you will be prompted to insert the next floppy, fd002.img. And so on up to last floppy.
You will be prompted to insert extra floppies for justx, gtkonly and core flavors. You can bypass this by using B to boot without loading extra floppies.
Each floppy set detects disk swaps and can be used without a keyboard.
ISO image floppy set
You can restore the ISO image on your hard disk using:
# dd if=/dev/fd0 of=fdiso01.img # dd if=/dev/fd0 of=fdiso02.img # ... # cat fdiso*.img | cpio -i
- All these floppy images are built from a core or a Nin1 ISO.
- The loram is preprocessed by
tazlitobox(Low RAM tab) or
- The versions 1.0 and 2.0 are built with
bootfloppyboxavailable since 3.0.
- The newer versions are built with
taziso floppysetavailable since 5.0.
- You can extract the kernel, cmdline and rootfs* files with this tool.
- You can change the floppy format (to 2.88M, 1.2M ...) with this tool.